Tuesday, June 28, 2011

By the Numbers

As I admitted in yesterday's post, I get obsessed with the most random of design details/ideas.  Where yesterday's post was all about lettering (specifically Subway Sign lettering), today is all about numbers.  Don't worry, we're not talking about any sort of budgeting or math (both four letter words in my mind!) kind of number discussion...I like to only deal with numbers when it comes to decorating with them :).  Like the Subway Sign art, this obsession also roots back to my love affair with Typography.  


Pretty much anywhere you can think of is appropriate to put a number.  I think it's best when it dosn't serve any other purpose other than just for decor, as opposed to your house number where this is fundamentally displayed.  But even with the practical use of numbers in and around your home, you can make those visually interesting as well.  Here are a few of my fave variations of this:



To help you get to work on numbering stuff in your home, I have a great tutorial coming up on how to construct your own large numbers to make them look like metal (or any other finish you prefer)!  This same tutorial will also work with letters.  Stay tubed for that one, you won't want to miss it!...I know, it's kinda mean to give you great ideas and then a DIY teaser of a project you probably want to get started on today ;) 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment