Sunday, May 29, 2011

DIY's For Your Kitchen Drawers

Every now and then I come accross some genius ideas for making life just a little bit easier..and i'm not talking about a late night watching the Home Shopping Network with the credit card in one hand and pint of ice cream in the other.  Quite the contraty actually.  These may be McGuyver type fixes for your home, simple to do, and totally DIY (aka. cheap)!  They won't waste valuable spending space on your Visa or thousands of calories in the middle of the night!  Here are some fantastic ways to use your kitchen drawers for something other than junk mail, gum, spare keys to who knows what, etc...

There is nothing wrong with a cute iron paper towell stand thing right next to your sink, in fact it's not the stand that's the problem actually, it's the paper towells in plain sight that are (this is not considered "Industrial Chic" - which I am a humongo fan of)!  So to resolve this eye sore of a problem, remove a drawer near the sink, slide in a dowell hung by small-ish and cheap curtain rod ends, and you have a supder convenient and best of a discrete place for the roll!

SouthernLiving.com
 This next one is sooooo great I am mad I can't claim it as my own idea!  But non the less, I am very glad for the smarty pants behind this one for finally resolving an annoyance i've quietly had for some time.  For some reason it bugs whenever I am chopping up tomatos for a salad, sauce, whatever, and the gut juice gets all over my hands and rolls around on the cutting board like an ameobia or something.  I am not really to be trusted with a knife anyway since 9 times out of 10 I slice a digit, however it's much riskier for me when my hands and the board are wet and slimey.  Behold the perfect solution...

thefarmgirls.typepad.com
Leave it to the organizational experts at Better Homes and Gardens to come up with a great idea for another drawer in your home..this one deals with the silverware.   On of the only methods in housework I am actually organized with is how I load the silverware into the dishwasher.  Each type of untensil has it's own section, making it much quicker to put away.  By adding this drawer into the process it gets even more efficient since I don't even have to turn my wrist to put them away flat!  Ahhh..the convenience :).  What will I do with the new found spare time at the end of the day now...

bhg.com
So there you have it..solutions for those pesky problems you won't even know were bothering you so bad until you fix them and all of a sudden you are more relaxed and happier than you ever thought possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment